Wow! Elder Busche's words are great. I don't remember hearing him speak.
I had lost my password, so I have not been able to comment on blogs for weeks. Love yours, all of the comments & pictures are great. I know it takes a lot of time, but we all enjoy it.
Welcome to our blog! We are Jessica and Scott, and our kiddos are Grant, Gavin, Gabrielle, and Garrison. We have family and friends all over, so we thought this would be a great way to keep in touch with everyone. Enjoy!
background
Out of the Mouths of Babes
I was sitting on the floor today while Gabrielle danced around me singing songs. Scott started singing the "Push It" song. He was singing, "push, baby, baby, oh baby, baby" and was trying to get Gabrielle to sing it, too. She came over to Scott with her serious, scolding face and said, "we don't push babies!". Scott had to agree.
I asked Gavin at dinner tonight how he could eat his entire meal and not drink a thing. His response, "That's just my talent."
We asked Gabrielle the other day if she was ready to potty train, and she said "choo, choo!" and made the little hand signal like a train operator would.
I love hearing Gavin's prayers. Sometimes I'm not sure where he comes up with the things he says. He said the blessing on the food at dinner last night. The last thing he said in his prayer way, "bless that none of us have a heart attack." We all chuckled a little to ourselves.
We were at my parents' house last night for dinner where my mom had made roast for dinner. Gavin helped himself to seconds, and Grandpa saw him picking up the whole thing with his fork and taking bites from it. Trying to teach Gavin some manners, Grandpa asked him if he would like him to cut it. Gavin said, "no, I'm a barbarian."
Gavin came home from school one day last week and said, "I have good news, and I have bad news. The good news is (he then said something about school). The bad news is Riley and his family are voting for Obama!" He couldn't believe it.
My parents were watching the kids Friday night. Scott was finishing staining the deck while I was at a dress rehearsal at church for The Ten Virgins. My dad is a financial planner and was in Indianapolis Monthly this month. He showed the boys, and, of course, Gavin thought it was pretty cool. Dad asked him if he knew why he was in the magazine, and Gavin said, "Because you're a General Authority?"
We went to Apple Works yesterday and had a bonfire. We were going to cook hot dogs and s'mores. Grandpa C. drove down with us. On the way down, he said, "Are you looking forward to eating some weiners?" Gavin replied, "Grandpa, we don't say that. It's not appropriate."
We're driving in the car, and I told the kids that I wanted them to help with Gabrielle while I watched the last session of conference. Gavin was bummed because he said he wanted some peace and quiet. Grant said, "Don't you know you can't have that in our house. Our family is chaotic." I wonder where he heard that?
2 comments:
Wow! Elder Busche's words are great. I don't remember hearing him speak.
I had lost my password, so I have not been able to comment on blogs for weeks. Love yours, all of the comments & pictures are great. I know it takes a lot of time, but we all enjoy it.
This is beautiful Jessica, thanks for posting it!
Post a Comment