So, we just got back this week from an amazing vacation in Cancun. We left a foot of snow in Indiana, came back to that same snow, and then received a few more inches our first day back in town. Oh how we wanted to go back to the beautiful beaches on Mexico!!!
We were lucky enough to stay in an awesome all-inclusive resort (thanks to my mother-in-law and her new husband). It was great! These are some pictures of some huge statues in the front lobby of the hotel.
Here are some pictures of the gorgeous pools. I don't know exactly how many there were. Right outside our building was a pool and just a few feet away was the beach. I am so mad at myself because I didn't take any pictures of the beach. I had a sleeping baby on me most of the day we were there. The beach was absolutely beautiful, though, and the waves were awesome! Scott and I had a great time playing in them.




Garrison had a great time while we were there. He did great out in the sun. He borrowed his cousin, Lincoln's, sunglasses. He was ready for the beach!!

One thing I loved about the resort is that it played mostly 80's music. This is a picture of Garrison and I sitting in the building that housed the poolside buffet. I could have sat in there all day listening to the music!

Mimi and Grandpa B. with two of their younger grandchildren. Mimi with Garrison and Grandpa B. with Jackson (Jack).
Alix and Lincoln at the rehearsal dinner.

The happy couple the night before their wedding. We went to a Japanese steakhouse for the rehearsal dinner. It was a hibachi-style restaurant. It was a lot of fun!!

Scott walked his mom down the aisle. This is him giving her away to Rich. It was a special moment. The view from the window in the back was beautiful! You saw palm trees and the ocean. Gorgeous!!!
Jackson (the kids new cousin) was the ring bearer. He did a great job! He is one of the most adorable kids I've ever met. He also has the sweetest voice. It just makes you melt. He got a little tired during the ceremony, so he decided to lie on the floor using his ring bearer pillow.

Diane and Ashley were the bridesmaids. Don't they look great?! I loved the colors of the wedding: pool blue and brown.

We went to a beach after the ceremony to take some pictures. Here are the young grandchildren that were present. Garrison (8 months), Lincoln (3 1/2 months), Maeve (3 months), and Jackson (2 1/2 yr.). Maeve and Jackson are Rich's grandchildren, and our new niece and nephew.

I love this picture of Scott and his mom at the reception. Amy (Rich's daughter) is in the background. We really hit it off with Rich's family. They are awesome, and we are so glad to have them as a part of our family now!

The happy couples' first dance. They had secretly taken a few dance classes, and they did a great job!

Time to cut the cake! The cake was absolutely delicious! The layer I had was a while cake with strawberry filling. It reminded me of a superb strawberry shortcake (the kind with the soft, fluffy cake). Yum!! The other layer was a chocolate with a chocolate filling. I didn't eat it, so I can't really describe it, but I heard it was just as good as the strawberry.
We spent a great deal of our last day with Bryan, Alix, and Lincoln. At lunch, Scott and Bryan decided to have Lincoln and Garrison have a little arm wrestling match. I'm not sure who won, but Garrison wasn't too happy after, so maybe that means Lincoln won.
Garrison had a great time while in Mexico. He was a great sport and did very well. He is such a great baby, and oh so cute!!





























5 comments:
Your trip looked like so much fun. I still can't believe we were in Mexico at the same time, too bad we were at opposite ends. I am glad you had fun. Scott's mom looked beautiful. It is hard to come back from a vacation like that. Reality sucks sometimes. Are you and Scott still working on your trip out here? You better be!!!
Wow, I'm jealous. And it's the mean, resentful kind of jealous...
Just kidding! I'm SO glad that you and Scott had an amazing getaway; and we're so happy for Terri and Rich! Looks like things were wonderful!
Great pictures. Tell Terri I loved her dress, especially the lace on her shoulders. The colors she chose are beautiful.
I am so glad that you do this blog!!!
Mrs. Dowling:
Looks like you guys had fun in Cancun. Scott didn't mention how playful he was in the big waves!
We know that you just got back from vacation and taking care of the four kids is a big job (let alone taking care of Scott), but we were hoping to get some of that famous Jessica Dowling chicken salad and chocolate chip cookies sometime soon!
Thanks!
Kyle and Justin at BKD
It looks like you had a great time, in a beautiful, warm place. I'm so jealous.
Post a Comment