I woke up to a wonderful Mother's Day breakfast Sunday. It was the first time I was served breakfast in bed. The boys (especially Gavin) were really excited about it. He had been talking about it for a few days, so I knew it was coming. And, I have to say it was pretty darn good. I was very impressed with the presentation, so I had to take a picture. There are 2 blueberry muffins and 2 pieces of buttered toast cut into triangles along with some beautiful (and delicious) strawberries. I think those were the best strawberries I'd ever had. Scott said the boys did it all, but I'm pretty sure that he did the cooking and the arrangement of the food on the plate. Otherwise I'm not too sure it would have been very edible.
Along with breakfast, the kids presented me with homemade cards. Aren't those the best?! Those are things that I will treasure always. When the kids are grown and gone, I imagine pulling my homemade cards out and reading them just to remind me of the innocence that they once posessed.
I hope everyone else had a wonderful Mother's Day, too!






2 comments:
I'm glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day.
You know, homemade cards are fun - even for the kids who make them. After my Mom died, while I was going through her things, I found some homemade cards that I had made her. One that I found particularly funny said: Roses are Red, Violets are Blue. God made you perfect, what happend to me? Not exactly how that poem goes, but I certainly thought she was perfect.
I'm glad my mom kept all of her kids cards and paintings. Your children will appreciate that you've kept their cards, too.
Super cute! You've got good boys...all 4 of them:)
Post a Comment