Monday, November 9, 2009

Grand Haven

Since I didn't end up blogging the last few months, I thought I would share a few of the adventures we had this summer. Our annual trip to Grand Haven is something that we look forward to each year. We always take a walk to the pier at least once during our trip. Here we are one evening on our walk. Gabrielle had to sit on Daddy's shoulders. Adorable!

And, or course, we ALWAYS have to get ice cream. So, we stopped at The Pier Peddler to get some. While there the kids talked us into buying them each a toy, and, of course, they each chose a weapon. Here they are with their weapons as we walk on the pier.

While on the pier, the sun began to set. It was beautiful! Scott took a picture of Gabrielle and I on the pier, but, unfortunately, a couple walked behind us right when he clicked the picture. So, I'm not sure who that couple in the background is. Still a beautiful picture, though.

I have never actually watched the sun set. We stood there until the sun completely disappeared. This needs to be a new tradition that we take up while we are there each year. Absolutely amazing!!


Grant wanted to be buried in the sand. So, we buried him up to his thighs. Here he is trying to get out. It was quite comical to watch him try to get out. He was in there pretty good.
Breaking free!!
We dug a hole and put Garrison in it. That's one deep hole!
Garrison LOVED the sand!! He could have played in it all day if we would have let him.
Grant was trying to build this huge sandcastle. Unfortunately, Garrison wanted to knock it down. Grant would pick Garrison up and move him away from the castle, and Garrison would immediately come back. He wanted to help his big brother. Grant was very annoyed!
Gabrielle had to get in on getting buried in the sand! She didn't want to be buried too much, though. Her legs were enough for her.
Grant, Gabrielle, and Garrison weren't into the water too much. The water in Lake Michigan is quite frigid. So, they preferred to play in the sand.
One of the most fun activities we did this year was rolling down the sand hill in an inner tube. It was hilarious!! Everyone on the beach was watching us. Almost everyone in our family who was down at the beach at that time took a turn. They even talked me into doing it!! It was fun, but no one took a picture of me while I was doing it. I was bummed. I really wanted to see what I looked like in the tube. But, here are some pictures I took of other people doing it.
This is our nephew, Nate, falling out of it. He didn't last too long, and my camera is slow, so my camera didn't take a picture until he was falling out.
I believe this is Gavin.
I think this is my brother-in-law, Scott. My Scott, Bryan, and Uncle Gary are rolling him down. I'm telling you, this was sooo much fun!!!
This is Grant. He stayed inside the tube the longest. It was actually quite impressive! I think he had an advantage over all of us since he is the smallest and skinniest. He was good at getting his feet and hands to hold onto the inside of the tube, also. He must be like spiderman or something!
Here is Scott after the tube fell. Quite comical.
Gavin was determined to learn how to stay up on Grant's skim board while we were up there.


Scott gave it a shot, too.

No comments:

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones