Every year we go to Grand Haven, Michigan, with Scott's dad's family. We always look forward to it! This year I tried to be better at taking pictures (as many of you know, I'm not the best at remembering to take pictures of things). One day we were at the beach and were surprised when we looked up and saw Mike (Scott's dad) trying to surf on my nephew, Nate's, new wakeboard. We were pretty impressed! He didn't fall one time.
The kids had a great time playing beach volleyball. The weather was incredible the entire time we were there, which is amazing because there's usually at least one day with bad weather.
One of the first days we were there, there were some huge waves (at least huge for Lake Michigan). The kids and Scott had a blast!! Gabrielle preferred to stay on the beach. She wasn't too thrilled with the water. Grant joined her many times in the sand. He got chilly in that cold Lake Michigan water. Gavin could care less what the temperature of the water was. He was like a fish out there!!
Garrison and I mainly stayed on the beach and had fun watching with Aunt Diane. I did have Garrison try the water, though. It was his first year in Grand Haven. You have to get in the water! I also got out in the water and played with the kids (though, not as much as Scott did). I wasn't a beach bum the entire time. Once you get in the water, your body goes numb, so you don't feel how cold it is anymore. Sound fun?! It is!




4 comments:
ok Dowlings, next year you need to come out to Cali for the real beach, no I am kidding, that looks like a really fun vacation, but you do need to come here the ocean water has been so warm lately that even I have been going into the water.
Great pictures, Jess! What cute kids - of course, I'll take a little credit for that!
Love,
Dad
Hey Jessica! I saw your blog link on Joanna's. So fun to see pictures of your cute family! -brittany
Team Dowling at BKD wants to see the beach photo of Scott from two years ago with the kid's shirt.
Also...
Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 71. North northeast wind between 3 and 9 mph.
Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 52. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind becoming west northwest between 4 and 7 mph.
Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 56.
Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 77.
Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 57.
Post a Comment