Saturday, August 30, 2008

Here I go...


Well, I have been talking about doing this for a while, and I'm finally sitting down and doing it. Now that I am not working full time, I have a little bit more time (not a lot, but a little). So, I thought I would start a blog and keep our friends near and far updated on the Dowling happenings.

Grant and Gavin just started school a couple weeks ago. They were very excited to get new backpacks (especially Gavin) and get back into the classroom. I am glad I'm not working because homework seems to last longer this year.

Grant is in fourth grade this year. His spelling words are definitely harder this year, but when I told him that he said, "Mom, it's preparing me for college." The way he said it was like, "duh, mom, don't you know anything?!" He is very much enjoying what he is learning. He loves having his best friend, Kevin, in his class. They have already gotten together after school once for a study session. I can't believe Grant is old enough to have study sessions! Where has the time gone?!

Gavin is in first grade this year. He is doing a great job reading. He is getting better and better every day. He loves taking his lunch to school. He loves the little chip bags that I bought at Sam's Club, so even if he likes what they're having at school, he wants to take his lunch. It's all about the Cool Ranch Doritos. I'm volunteering in his class once a week (thank, Aunt Megan, for watching Gabrielle and Garrison so I can do that!). He loves having mom in class!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I am so glad you have a blog! Can't believe our boys are fourth graders. What a mature perspective he has! Jake only does homework because he knows he can't do anything else until its done.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones