Two weekends ago was a busy and fun-filled weekend for us. Friday was the Zooboo and then Saturday we went to the pumpkin patch. We hadn't been to that particular one for a couple of years. Man, had it changed!! We couldn't believe how many people were there. I knew our kids were animals!!


This year they had some inflatable bouncers and slides. The kids loved that, of course. The first thing they wanted to do was go down the tall slide. I wasn't sure if Gabrielle would go down by herself once she got up there, so Scott went up with her. They all loved it!
Next we found some smaller slides. Just Gabrielle's size. I loved watching her hair while she was going down. She kept getting back in line to go over and over again.
While she was doing that, the boys decided to ride some go-karts with pedals. I don't know what they're called exactly. They had fun, but they kept getting stuck behind kids who weren't very good at pedaling. They were patient, though, and very polite.
Gabrielle then saw the big bouncer house. I thought she would love it. I was mistaken.
Grant tried to help her, but she came to the side and held Scott's hands through the rope. She finally began enjoying herself... and then she was told her time was up. Oh well. She wanted to go again later, but we quickly distracted her and found the slides again.
There was also a giant hill of straw for the kids to play in. They loved this!!
Peek-a-boo!
There was also an old tractor there that the kids could climb on. They loved pretending like they were driving it. We could barely get Gabrielle and Gavin away from it to go get pumpkins!
When we first got to the pumpkin patch, we decided that we would actually get the pumpkins as the last thing we do. We didn't want to carry pumpkins around with us. Well, we didn't realize that we would be there for 4 hours! By the time we were ready to get pumpkins, Gabrielle was a mess. She was so tired! Of course, she hadn't had a nap that day because we were at the pumpkin patch. It was cold and chilly by then, too, so that didn't help. We decided next year we will get the pumpkins first and take them back to the car and then do everything else. Oh well, you learn through experience, right?!
Gabrielle did have a few happy moments.
Grant and Gavin had a great time, though. There were so many pumpkins to choose from! We would think that we made a decision on just the perfect pumpkin, and then they would find another perfect pumpkin. We were going to get two big pumpkins and two little ones, but we didn't have enough hands to carry 2 large pumpkins along with Garrison and Gabrielle. So, one large pumpkin had to make do.
Here's a huge pumpkin the boys wanted to get. I don't think so!
Here are the pumpkins we chose! The larger one is on the ground in between Scott's feet. I think they chose wisely. We'll send a blog later showing them as jack-o-lanterns.
By the time we got home, Scott and Garrison were pooped (along with the rest of us)! Aren't they cute?!




























4 comments:
So much fun! Ask me about the Laurel activity we had there one night recently. In the rain. Believe it or not, we had fun, too!
Oh so much fun. I love Halloween. You guys all look great. Miss you
Ok that was me on the previous comment not Rob, but I am sure you knew that already. Have a great day
I didn't think that sounded like Rob. Miss you, too!! I'm going to talk to Scott about when we can come out and visit!
Post a Comment