Monday, October 13, 2008

Family Home Evening at Apple Works

We had a fun family home evening last week. We were able to go down to an apple orchard to take a wagon ride around the orchard and then have a bonfire afterward with my parents, sister, and her family. Unfortunately, Scott had a late afternoon conference call, so he wasn't able to go with us.

Instead of a hayride like the olden days, we took a wagon ride. They have 8,000 (or was it 80,000...either way it was a lot) apple trees. They were awesome to look at. It was beautiful. There was also a pumpkin patch.

Usually this time of year it is cool, so a bonfire would have been nice after a wagon ride, but since it was in the 80's that day, the bonfire was a little warm. It was still a lot of fun, but I always love warming up around a bonfire on a chilly evening. Maybe next year.









After we cooked hot dogs and s'mores over the fire, we surprised mom with a birthday cake. She was turning a young 55. Yes, the candles look like 5023, but I didn't have two fives, so if you add all the numbers up, it equals 55 (50 + 2 + 3). Am I clever or what?!

After the bonfire, we went and looked at some animals they had there and then the kids played in the play area. They have a long slide that comes out the side of a barn, an old tractor, and a big hill made of straw. They had a great time!

4 comments:

michael said...

That looks like it was so much fun! I miss you guys and can't wait to see you for thanksgiving!

Megan said...

We had lots of fun with you all!

The blogging Bakers said...

I miss hanging out will all of you guys. Isn't if fun having your sister close by. I love living by my sister. I also miss having a change of seasons. Although from the looks of it, it looks like you are having California weather.

Janet said...

I am still laughing until I cry about the inapropriate mentioning of wieners. It's the best thing I have heard all day.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones