Monday, October 6, 2008

Grant's Fun Run, Whole Fist, and Apple Pickin' Time


Last week Grant participated in his school's Mile Fun Run. It is a 30 year tradition where 4th and 5th graders from all the elementary schools run a mile just for fun. Grant really wanted to participate, so we fit it in the schedule. When we got there, we had just missed the 4th grade boys run, so we convinced Grant to run with the 5th graders. He was intimidated, but with a little incentive (money) he finally agreed to participate. He did great!! We were very proud of him. He came in 21st out of all the boys (not sure how many there were). He did not stretch before (because it took until the last minute to convince him to run with the bigger boys), so he had a bad cramp afterward. Poor guy!




Garrison has reached a milestone. He can fit his fist into his mouth! Yea!!



The real milestone is that he is starting to grab for things and put them into his mouth. I know... it's all down from here. I'm not going to be able to hold him on my lap while I work on the computer for much longer. It's exciting to see his little legs start kicking and his eyes get real big when something is within reach.

Gavin has really been wanting to pick apples, so a good friend of ours who lives just down the street invited us over to pick apples from her apple tree. The boys were very excited.
Once I told them that she said they could climb up the tree to get the apples, they were even more excited! They climbed up as soon as we got there.

Peggy told them that when they found a bad apple to throw it is as hard as they could into the field behind the tree. I think they started throwing good apples into the field, just so they could throw an apple.

Grant saw an apple that he had to have. He said it was perfect! He kept trying until he got it.


We agreed, it was pretty perfect!!



Once Gabrielle saw her brothers picking the apples she wanted to join in.





It didn't last long, though. She got distracted by other things.
After about 45 minutes, we had a bushel full of apples.
Thanks, Peggy!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love this time of year. We picked apples the other day. I was totally thinking about you and the time we made all that freezer apple sauce. So good! Now I have boxes of appples in my fridge waiting to make apple sauce (it will be a miracle).

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones