Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Here's the Jack-o-Lantern

So, I'm finally posting pictures of us carving the pumpkins that we picked at the pumpkin patch. I'm usually much better at being up-to-date on things, but this one slipped by me.

Carving the pumpkins was interesting. The kids always start off interested but then it ends up being Scott and I that carve it. Scott always cuts the top off the pumpkin and then helps the kids scoop out the insides.
Grant loved this part. Gavin, not so much. Here is a picture of Gavin using a paper towel to try to get the insides out so he didn't have to touch any of the goop. I was cracking up!!



The boys then began helping to carve, but I ended up finishing after all the kids were in bed. Here's the finished product about a week after we carved it. My camera died, and I didn't have any batteries. That's why it is a little deflated. If you can't tell what it is, it is a side-view of a skull.




4 comments:

The blogging Bakers said...

Hey cute pictures. You are way ahead of us. We bought four pumpkins and we didn't even carve any of them. We just never got around to it. Hopefully our kids don't hold that against us forever.

Jessica said...

We were lucky to get one done! I thought we'd try and do the smaller ones, but one was enough, if you know what I mean.

CarlsonMom said...

Thanks for doing this blog. I love reading it. Keep up the awesome work.

mimi@ritchie said...

Ditto-Cute photos! I didnt know anything about the sock f-ball games but looks like they are having a great time! Re the carving photos, seems like yesterday that Scott was one of three kids in the photo, carving pumpkins with his dad! Time Flies! Great blog! Mimi & Grpa Rich

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones