Friday, November 7, 2008

I'm Thankful For...

this country that we live in. I'm so grateful for the chance we have to vote for our leaders. We are so fortunate to live in this land. I tried to take the boys to vote with me Tuesday morning, so they could see our democratic process at work, but, unfortunately, the lines were too long and they had to get to school. I am glad that those lines were long, though. I felt very proud to be an American that day and to see my neighbors care deeply about something so important.

I feel blessed to be able to have the freedoms that so many people around the world do not have. I am not scared to walk outside my house. I am able to worship God in my own way, not the way my government tells me to. I can go where I want, say what I want, wear what I want and not be persecuted for it. I love the United States of America!!

Each day in November, I am going to write something I am grateful for. My friend Jill is doing this on her blog, and I am jumping on the bandwagon. What an awesome idea. Thanks, Jill!!

No comments:

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones