Thursday, November 20, 2008

One Busy Girl

So, we are leaving for Disneyworld in less than 48 hours. I have been trying to get things fnalized for the trip. So, I haven't been watching Gabrielle as closely as I probably should. That is not a good thing. This is what happened while I was on the computer trying to figure out ticket prices, hotel info, etc. And, she was within my seeing range, I just wasn't looking.

If you've been in our basement you know that we have a huge dry-erase board on the wall. The boys (mainly Gavin) have been using it this week to draw football plays on. So, the dry erase marker was left within reach of a 2-year-old. Not good. She decided to decorate anything she could:
the wall
her kitchen toys
her kitchen
the carpet (which luckily we haven't replaced yet), herself (arms, feet, hands), and her nice clothes that she had on. Of course she has on her last white shirt that has no stains on it. She also has a nice pair of khakis on. I saw that marker there yesterday and thought to myself, "you better move that", but I didn't listen. Man do I regret that. This has been a little problem we've had with Gabrielle. She likes to draw pictures on whatever she can find. Garrison's crib has a nice mural on it, and the bathroom door has a portrait on it. Depending on who she's talking to depends on who she says it's a picture of. She has told me that it's mommy, she told Scott that it's daddy, and she told Terri that it's Mimi. I've been told this is typical of girls. They like to draw on anything and everything.
This is another thing she did in the kitchen this morning while I was nursing Garrison. I thought it was pretty cute.





Well, I'm off to put her in the tub.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I'm totally hiding anything writeable when she comes to stay with us:)
All my kids have done--I'm sorry it happened to you!

If Looks Could Quill said...

I don't know about it being a girl thing - Ammon did it, too, when he was little. The good thing is they grow out of it fairly quickly. You should make her help clean it off with a Mr. Clean magic eraser. That might deter her from doing it again (or, she might have such a good time helping clean that she does more, but hopefully not).

The Dowlings said...

Scott went through a phase where he was dangerous with an orange marker. Random books in the house had "Scot" written on random pages. A few furniture pieces fell victim too. One Sunday as we got ready for church, the family was pulling out of the driveway when we passed a big scrawled mural on the side of the front porch facing the street, "Scot" it read.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones